We all have our own ways of getting ready for the week ahead. The trick is to find one that works best for us and stick with it. Not everyone has the same weekend rituals; in fact, it’s likely that each person you ask will have a different set of things they do every Sunday evening. But however different they are, they all serve the same purpose: to help you prepare yourself mentally, physically, and emotionally so you can face whatever comes next. Just remember that your ritual doesn’t have to be perfect—and if it doesn’t work this time around, there are always more weekends!
Reflecting on the Past Week
- Reflect on the past week.
- Take a minute and think about how you spent your time this week.
- What did you learn?
- What was the best part of your week? And why?
- What is something that went wrong or an area where you could improve next week, and what are some steps that would help achieve that improvement (if possible, include examples from this week).
Getting Ready for the Week Ahead
- Set goals, priorities, and a schedule.
- Make a to-do list and prioritize it by importance.
- Put your plans into action and make sure that they’re realistically achievable.