Why do I care if I am likeable? Do people really care?
Yes, they do.
Whether or not it’s conscious, the truth is that people want to be liked. And if you’re not likeable, it’s going to affect your relationships—especially in the workplace.
Here are five ways to boost your likeability:
1) Smile! A smile is contagious, so if you see someone looking downcast, try smiling at them. You might just make their day!
2) Be kind and courteous toward everyone, even if they’re not being nice to you. It’s difficult, but it will pay off in the long run.
3) Be open-minded—don’t judge others until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes (or at least spent some time getting to know them).
4) Don’t take yourself too seriously—life’s too short for that sort of thing! Laugh at yourself every now and then; no one else will if you don’t.
5) And lastly… be yourself! There’s no one else like YOU out there in the world—and that’s why people love YOU so much!